Knee pain is a common condition which can be caused by both short-term and long-term problems. Many short-term knee problems do not require any help from doctors and people can often assist themselves in recovery.
Home remedies can also help with many long-term problems with knee pain. Here are some home remedies that will relieve your soring knees:
Turmeric is an effective and natural remedy to relieve a knee pain. Turmeric contains a chemical called curcumin, which contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which help in reducing pain.
- Boil one-half spoon each gram ginger and turmeric in a cup of water and boil for 10 minutes. You can add some honey to sweeten the mix. Drink this potion twice every day.
- Boil one spoon turmeric powder in a glass of milk. Sweet with honey and once to drink it daily
Another option is to take 250 to 500 mg turmeric capsules three times daily.
Follow these remedies until the pain is completely eliminated.
2. Mustard Oil
According to Ayurveda, a gentle massage of the painful knee with hot mustard oil eases the knee pain and reduces inflammation. Massage also improves the blood circulation in the knee.
- Heat two tablespoons of mustard oil
- Fry a garlic clove (chopped) until it becomes brown
- Turn off the heat and allow the oil to cool
- Massage your knee with lukewarm oil
- Massage while moving your fingers in a circular motion
- Cover the knee with a plastic sheet and apply hot towels for a few minutes to apply heat.
3. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds can also be used to remove knee pain due to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. The fenugreek seeds are hot in nature and it is considered beneficial for people suffering from knee pain due to rheumatism.
- Soak one spoon of fenugreek filtered water overnight. In the morning, turn off the water and chew on the seed. Do this for a week or two
- Roast and grind a fenugreek and put it in a blender jar. Add a little water and grind it to make a thick paste. Apply this paste on your knees and let it sit for 30 minutes. This will work as a herbal pain reliever balm.
Article Resource – Knee Pain