If you pay any attention to diet news or celebrity gossip, you’ve probably heard about the Lemon detox diet. In the past several years, many celebrities have used this diet fad to lose weight for particular roles in movies. Since then dietitians and doctors have weighed in on the pros and cons. If you’re unfamiliar with this diet, let me introduce you to the basics of the Master Cleanse.
This diet method was initially developed in 1940 by Stanley Burroughs, who practiced alternative health and medicine, as a cure for ulcers.
Purpose of the Lemon Detox Diet
- Melt away and remove toxins and clogging that has accumulated inside your body
- Purify your digestive system and kidneys.
- Cleanse your cells and glands
- Remove all unused excess and crystallized salt in your joints.
- Ease irritation and pressure in the arteries, blood vessels, and nerves.
Ingredients for Lemon Detox Diet
- Lemons – around 40 lemons for 10 days
- Organic Maple Syrup – 1.5-2 liters
- Sea salt -with no Iodine
- Cayenne pepper powder
- Laxative herbal tea
- Drinking Water
Process of Lemon Detox diet
- At the evening before you begin the 10 days fast, drink Laxative herbal tea.
- At the first morning of the detox fast, drink 1 liter of water mixed with 2 tea spoons of sea salt.
- After 30 minutes of drinking the salty water you may drink lemonade which you make by the following recipe:2 table spoons of fresh lemon juice
1 glass of water
2 spoons of maple syrup
1/4 tea spoon of cayenne pepper powder
- Drink 6 to 10 lemonade glasses each day
- Drink water between lemonades (as much as you can)
- Drinking mint and peppermint tea is allowed in any quantity
- End each day with Laxative herbal tea
It is important to understand that this diet is not for everyone. People suffering from different medical disorders may harm their health if they follow this diet. It is important to consult your doctor or dietitian before starting this lemon fast.