Heel pain is a common problem that can interfere with your normal activities. Often, this kind of pain comes slowly and usually gets worse in the morning when you wake up. Wearing flat shoes have also been found to trigger the pain.
This can also be due to many medical conditions, including Achilles tendinitis, bursitis, fibromyalgia, gout, eddy spurs, plaster fasciitis, arthritis, tarsal tunnel syndrome, and tendinitis.
The pain behind the heel or the ankle of the feet can be cured using these remedies:
1. Epsom Salt
Soaking feet in Epsom salt can relieve the pain of heel immediately. Magnesium sulfate crystals help in reducing pain, swelling, and inflammation. In addition, warm water helps in relieving the pain.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of Epsom salt in bucket half filled with hot water.
- Soak your feet in the water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pat dry your feet and apply some moisturizer.
- Gently massage your heel for 5 minutes
- Repeat 2 or 3 times a week until the pain is completely eliminated.
2. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne is rich in capsaicin, a compound that has natural pain preventive properties.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper in 1/2 cup hot olive oil. Apply it to the painful area and allow it to sit for 15 minutes. Rinse it with warm water or repeat it twice until the pain is finished.
- You can use an over-the-counter pain-reliever cream containing capsaicin. Take your doctors advice before using such ointments.
3. Ice Massage
Applying ice to the heels in a cold compression is the best way to remove the stinging pain. The cold temperature has a numbing effect which regulates pain and swelling. Ice is effective in reducing the pain associated with tendonitis, bottom fasciitis, and a bone stimulus.
- Put some crushed ice in a plastic bag and then wrap it in a thin cotton towel. Apply this pack to the painful area for approximately 15 minutes. Repeat once a day or again as needed
- Another option is to freeze the bottle of water and roll it on the painful area for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat as needed