How to Grow Hair Faster?
Having a dense, thick and healthy hair growth is a common desire for both – men and women. Everyone wants to grow hair faster. However, your hair growth depends on certain factors such as your age, hair type, and your health condition. Few other factors include genetics, hormonal imbalance, lack of nutrition, certain medications, stress, etc.
There are no certain or permanent methods to grow hair faster overnight. But few steps are available and can be tried for long and healthy hair – Eat a healthy diet rich in vitamins and nutrients, you can also try supplements for hair growth, Apply essential oils (coconut, castor, etc.), Eat more proteins (vegetables, nuts, yogurt, etc.), etc.
One of the biggest problem in growing hair faster is the hair fall. It is normal to lose 100-150 hair strands in a day, but if you are losing more strands, you might be suffering from severe hair loss. So, in order to grow hair faster, first, you will need to control hair loss. In this article, along with the remedies to grow hair faster, we will also tell you about the factors that can trigger hair loss and how to prevent it.
- Causes of Hair Fall
- Preventing Hair Fall
- Home Remedies
- Patients Queries
Causes of Hair Fall
- Hormonal changes
- Weak immune system
- Scalp infection
- Hair pulling disorder
- Old age
- Being Underweight and poor diet
- Environmental factors
- Psychological issues
- Certain hairstyles
- Vitamin B deficiency
- Sudden weight loss
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Certain health conditions
- Certain medications
Learn More – Home remedies to Stop Hair fall
Preventing Hair Fall
- Reduce stress
- Eat healthy and balanced diet.
- Maintain adequate level of vitamin B and Iron in your diet
- Maintain good hair hygiene
- Avoid harsh treatments on hair such as permanent straightening, hot oil treatments, curling irons, etc.
- Avoid certain medications
- Treatment of certain medical conditions
- Use hairstyles that don’t damage the hair
- Avoid tight hairstyles, such as braids, ponytails, etc.
- Avoid twisting, rubbing or pulling your hair.
- During washing and brushing the hair, treat them gently
Home Remedies to Grow Hair Faster
1. Aloe Vera
It contains the proteolytic enzyme and is packed with nutrients that improve hair growth. It also hydrates scalp and hair; and improves its texture.
- Drink aloe vera juice regularly.
- Apply fresh aloe vera gel directly to your scalp and hair. Let it be there for 30-45 minutes. Rinse your hair with mild shampoo
- Mix few drops of fresh lemon juice with fresh aloe vera gel. Apply in on your scalp and let it be there for 20 minutes. Rinse your hair with shampoo. Do this once or twice a week for better results.
2. Onion Juice
Red onions are filled with sulfur, which helps in the synthesis of collagen fibers. Collagen fibers and proteins are the building blocks of hair strands. Red onion juice also improves blood circulation in the scalp. It also has strong antibacterial properties which protect your scalp from infections and irritations.
- Take 2-3 red onions and remove the dries peel off them.
- Grate or grind the onions to make a fine paste.
- Squeeze the juice from the onion paste in a bowl. The amount of the juice will depend on the current length of your hair.
- Add a tablespoon of pure honey in a cup Onion juice, mix them well.
- Apply this mix on to your scalp and make sure to cover all your har with it. Wear a shower cap and rest for an hour.
- Then rinse it off with running water. Use a mild shampoo to wash the residues from your hair.
You can use this remedy once every week for 4-6 weeks for better results.
NOTE: Red onions have a very pungent smell. It is because of the High Sulfur content. If the smell doesn’t go after the first wash, you may have to shampoo your hair again.
3. Egg Mask to Grow Hair Faster
Eggs are packed with protein and also contains iron, zinc, sulfur, iodine, phosphorus, and selenium. Eggs are very beneficial for hair and protein present in eggs makes it one of the important ingredients for hair growth.
- Whisk an egg and add honey and few drops of olive oil in it. Apply it to your hair and scalp. Leave it for few minutes and rinse it off with shampoo. Do this once a week for better results and long, shiny hair.
- Mix an egg, ½ cup milk, few drops of olive oil and lemon juice. Apply it to your hair and scalp. Leave it for 15-20 minutes. Rinse it off with shampoo.
Henna is one of the great hair care ingredients that maintains overall hair health. It promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss. It repairs damage, strengthens hair and improves scalp health. Henna also works as a good hair conditioner.
- Mix 2 tsp of henna powder, 1 tsp of Shikakai powder and few drops of water. Make a paste and let it soak overnight. In the morning add 1 tsp of curd and an egg in the paste. Apply it in your hair and leave it for about 30-45 minutes. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo and cold water. Do this once a week.
- Mix 3 tsp of henna powder, 2 tsp of fenugreek powder, 1 tsp of amla powder and few drops of water. Make a thick paste and let it soak overnight. Add 1 egg white and few drops of fresh lemon juice in it. Apply it in your hair and leave it for about 30-45 minutes. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo and cold water. Do this once a week.
Yogurt has anti-fungal properties that soothe the scalp with its cooling effect and also helps to get rid of dandruff. It controls hair fall and keeps the hair moisturized for a long time.
- Mix 2 tsp of yogurt, 1 egg and make a consistent paste. Apply this paste to all of your hair and leave it for 20-30 minutes. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo and cold water. You can apply this mask to your hair, once in a week.
- Mix 1 tsp of honey, ½ cup yogurt and make a consistent paste. Apply this paste to all of your hair and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo. You can apply this mask to your hair, once in a week.
Medicines to Grow Hair Faster
Treatment of hair loss depends on its causes. There are many causes of hair loss which includes hormonal imbalance, stress, poor diet, weak immune system, genetics, old age, sudden weight loss, certain medications, certain health conditions, etc. If any medicine, disease or stress is the cause of hair fall then treating that cause will prevent hair fall. In most of the cases, hair fall can be treated with the help of few home remedies such as by applying coconut oil, olive oil, henna, yogurt, egg, aloe vera, honey, onion juice in your hairs and eating a healthy diet, etc.
Different people choose different treatment for hair loss such as medicine, wigs, surgery, hair products, laser therapy, etc. Sometimes your doctor may suggest a combination of treatments to get better results. The goal of all the treatments is to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
Minoxidil is an over the counter medicine which is available in liquid form. It can be rubbed or sprayed on the scalp twice daily to prevent hair loss and promote hair growth. It can be used by both men and women. You can experience the effect of this medicine after 16 weeks and need to be continued for better results. Finasteride (Propecia) is a prescription only medicine and is available in pill form, and can be taken once a day. This medicine can only be used by men to prevent hair loss and grow new hairs. For benefits, you need to keep taking it.
Surgery is suggested in case of permanent hair loss but only at the top of the head. Surgeries such as hair transplant, scalp flaps, and scalp reduction help to make most of the hair left on the scalp. Surgeries are very painful and expensive. Before opting for the surgery consult your doctor regarding all the risk.
Hairpieces and hair products
Hairpieces/wigs are an alternative option in case, medical treatment doesn’t work for you. Usually, hairpieces are attached to your scalp with the help of glue or tape, to make hair look thicker. Few hair products are applied to make hair look thicker such as a dye. Dyes are usually used to color the scalp but the permanent use of dye may cause more hair loss.
First thing in order to grow hair faster, is to make sure that you have healthy strong hair. Fight the causes of hair fall to get thick and dense hair growth. The home remedies listed above are very beneficial in hair growth. Also, they keep your scalp clean and healthy. Give home remedies a try for better hair growth. Start eating healthy, protein and vitamin-rich foods. Drink more water. If the remedies don’t give you satisfying results, you can surely go for medicinal options. Always consult a doctor before using medicines.
How long will it take to Grow new hair?
It depends on various factors; such as your genetics, diet, lifestyle, physical health, and hormones. Hair growth can be improved with healthier diet and lifestyle. Also, do check your Thyroid hormone levels. Reduced levels of Thyroid hormone is one of the major causes of hair fall in women. Generally, it takes 2-3 months for new hair strands to grow.
- Nutrition and Hair Loss
- Ear Infections in Adults