How to Gain Weight Fast?
Being underweight can sometimes be the result of poor diet or any other health conditions. Such condition makes you appear thin and weak and makes you want to gain weight. Gaining weight is very difficult as losing weight. There are so many other factors that affect your body weight such as diet, exercise, hormones, and other medical conditions.
There are some healthy ways when you are underweight and want to gain weight:
- Choose nutrient-rich foods (dairy products, fruits, vegetables, nuts, etc.)
- Exercise regularly (especially strength training)
- Include more calories in your diet (pulses, rice, bread, etc.)
- High protein foods (sprouts, fish, eggs, pulses, etc.)
- Eliminate Stress
- Get enough sleep
- Eat 4-5 small meals in a day
- Follow proper diet chart for weight gain
Home Remedies to Gain Weight
- Potatoes: Potatoes are loaded with carbohydrates and eating them regularly will help you to increase your body weight. Grilled or baked potatoes with butter will be helpful, or you can even make french fries using extra virgin oil. You can also make a salad from boiled potato by mixing some mayonnaise or buttermilk in it.
- Almonds: Almond milk is great to increase weight. Poly-saturated fats present in almond add healthy calories to your diet. Add few almonds, 3 dates, and 2 dried figs to a cup of boiling milk. Let it boil for few minutes, strain it and drink it daily. Eat the boiled almond, dates and figs. Drink it once daily for few days to see the result.
- Bananas: Bananas are full of calories and are instant energy boosters. It should be consumed daily to put on weight. Eat 1 banana daily in the morning and then drink 1 glass of warm milk. You can also add 1 tsp of sugar in the milk. Follow this daily for few days.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut Butter has high calorie and carbohydrates. It is a perfect home remedy to gain weight. You can spread 1 tsp of peanut butter to your piece of whole wheat bread or toast. You can also add 1 tsp of peanut butter to your glass of milkshake for extra calories.
- Beans: Beans are rich in carbohydrates, protein, and fiber. They are very effective in weight gain. Variety of beans are available such as red beans, black beans, soybeans, kidney beans, etc and you can eat them at any time of the day as in breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks. Eat bean salad or you can have bean soup. Follow this daily for few days to get the desired result.
Exercises to Gain Weight
Crunches the best exercise to reduce belly fat. It boosts weak muscle mass and helps to increase the body strength. It also provides attractive midsection and very safe to be practiced by both men and women. Include crunches to your daily workout routine to get desired results.
Push-ups are one of the best exercises for upper arms which strengthen your core muscles, triceps, shoulders and chest. It develops strong and toned arms; and also helps to get rid of love handles. Push-ups are considered as complete muscle building exercise.
Squats are one of the best exercises to gain weight which also helps in strengthening and toning of the lower body. It helps in toning of thighs, hips, calves, and glutes. It is very safe to be practiced by both men and women. In men, it develops strong and power-packed legs and in the case of women, it provides well shaped back.
Tricep dip is an easy arm and back exercise that helps to tone the back muscles. This exercise is great to gain healthy weight and can be performed by using one’s own body weight. In case of women, it develops an attractive and curvy figure. For men, it helps in toning of hips, calves, glutes, and triceps.
Walking Lunges are a great exercise to enhance muscle mass in the lower part of the body. These are one of the best strength training exercise and very safe to be practiced by both men and women. Standing lunges and walking lunges both are very effective for healthy weight gain
Medicines to Gain Weight
- Nutrigain Plus Capsules: Nutrigain plus is an ayurvedic medicine for weight gain with ingredients such as Shatavari, gokshura, ashwagandha, jeeraka, Museli, and pippali. This medicine is very rich in protein and helps to build muscle mass. It increases appetite, improves digestion, and absorption.
- Body Plus Capsules: Main ingredients of this medicine are elaichi, ashwagandha, jaiphal, etc. It increases appetite, improves absorption, nourishes the tissue and also regulates the production of lactic acid. It helps in weight gain and improves stamina.
- Health Tone Weight Gain Capsules: These capsules are made from natural ingredients and help in weight gain in many ways. It increases appetite which adds calories to your body weight, improves digestion and absorption.
Before using any medicine consult your doctor and check if you are allergic to any of its ingredients.
Supplements to Gain weight
Food supplements help to gain weight by adding muscle mass. Foods that lead to gain weight should be consumed with food supplements because food supplements alone cannot cause weight gain. Few supplements to be consumed for weight gain are:
- Creatine: Creatine is made from three amino acids named methionine, arginine, and glycine. It plays an important role in providing a high rate of muscle growth. Creatine supplies body, a high energy precursor. It works in a number of ways for the muscle growth.
- Beta-Alanine/Carnosine: Higher levels of carnosine in muscles helps to strengthen them. In the body, carnosine is formed when beta-alanine is combined with histidine. Beta-alanine increase muscle strength and power.
- Glutamine: Glutamine has numerous bodybuilding benefits. It is one of the best and useful amines found in the human body. For more benefits glutamine should be taken before workouts as it will boost growth hormone levels and helps to decrease muscle fatigue.
- Whey Protein Powder: Whey is a milk protein which has high levels of branched-chain amino acids. It is one of the best weight gain supplements because it digests fat easily and rapidly starts building muscles.
There are so many other food supplements available such as casein protein powder, branched-chain amino acids, nitric oxide boosters, etc. All the food supplements will help you to gain weight but always consult your doctor before opting for any food supplement. Follow the proper diet along with the food supplements to gain healthy weight fast.