What is Follihair?
Follihair tablet is a multivitamin nutritional supplement. It stimulates the growth of new and existing hair, nourishes the follicles, reduces hair fall and Strengthens the hair from the roots.
This medicine is also used for the treatment of Osteoporosis, Keshan disease, High Cholesterol level and others. It also helps in increasing immunity. There are many uses of Folihair tablet as vitamin mineral nutrient complex.
Follihair tablet is manufactured by Abbott Healthcare Pvt. Ltd. It is available in the package of 10 tablets per strip and a bottle of 30 tablets. There is also a liquid serum variant of the medicine, Folliserum.
- Generic Medicine in The Tablet?
- Dosage of This Tablet
- Working Mechanism of This Medicine
- Why is This Tablet Prescribed?
- Possible Side Effects of This Medicine
- Precautions While Using These Tablets
- Using The Medicine During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Dosage for Children and Infants
- Where to Buy These Tablets?
- Patients Queries About The Medicine
Generic Medicine in The Tablet
Follihair tablet contains a combination of vitamins and minerals which are given below:
- Biotin – 10 mg
- Niacinamide – 50 mg
- Iron – 8 mg
- L-cysteine – 5 mg
- Manganese – 5 mg
- Copper – 2 mg
- Zinc – 25 mg
- Selenium – 50 mcg
- L-methionine – 40 mg
- L-lysine – 20 mg
- Calcium pantothenate – 50 mg
Dosage of This Tablet
In general, the prescribed dose of this medicine is 1 tablet each day. Always consult a doctor to know the correct dosage as per the need of the patient.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Always take this medicine after a healthy meal and avoid taking in empty stomach. Use this medication regularly for up to 3 months, to get the most benefit from it. Follow your doctor’s instructions.
Working Mechanism of This Medicine
Vitamins and Nutrients
Biotin is a Vitamin B also known as vitamin B7. It plays a vital role in cell growth and metabolism of amino acid and fats. Biotin is required for proper functioning of Liver, nervous system, hair and glowing skin. It also helps in maintaining blood sugar level.
Niacinamide is a type of vitamin B3, also known as Niacin. It contributes towards the normal functioning of Heart, Nervous system and neurological development.
L-Cysteine is a non-essential amino acid in the human body as it can be synthesized in the liver. It is very helpful in the overall strengthening of the immune system.
L-methionine is an essential amino acid in the human body. It contributes towards growth and repairing of damaged tissues. It improves skin, hair and strengths nails.
L-lysine is an essential amino acid required by human body for growth and repairing of damaged tissues. It helps in detoxification and protein building.
Iron is an important nutrient in our diet. Iron deficiency can cause Anemia and fatigue. It is used in the treatment of diseases caused by iron deficiency.
Manganese is an essential element of the human body. It helps the body in building stronger bones, connective, tissues and sex hormones.
Zinc plays a very important role in the synthesis of the nucleic acids and nucleoproteins. It also affects the growth of tissues and repairing of damaged tissues.
Selenium is an element which cannot be produced by our body and needs it from outside sources. It plays important role in the immune system, reproductive system and synthesis of DNA.
Elemental Calcium is extremely important mineral required in our body. It assists in muscle movement by carrying messages from the brain to all other body parts. A decrease in calcium level can weaken the bones and may increase the risk of bone disorders and Fractures.
Why is This Tablet Prescribed?
Follihair tablet is used for the treatment/improvement of following diseases/conditions:
- Biotin deficiency, Hair fall, Hair Loss, Alopecia Areata, Seborrheic dermatitis in infants, Skin and hair growth, grey hair, Weak nails, Acne
- Headaches, Migraine attacks, Pain
- Indigestion, Acetaminophen poisoning
- Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid arthritis
- High cholesterol and high triglycerides level
- Diarrhea, Mucosal integrity, Salicylate toxicity
- Anemia, Anorexia Nervosa, Iron deficiency due to poor absorption & chronic blood loss
- Acidifying urine
- Protecting cells against peroxidative damage, Oxidative stress
- Selenium deficiency, Keshan disease, Rapid reversion to normal heart rate
- Opiate withdrawal
- Alzheimer’s disease, Wilson’s disease, ADHD/Attention deficit disorder
- Contributing to the formation of blood cells, Helping RBC to deliver oxygen all over body
- Increase the Immunity
- Used as a Supplement
- Age-related vision loss
- Aphthous ulcers (Canker Sore)
- HIV/ Aids
- Streptomycin neurotoxicity
- Reproductive function
- Skeletal development, Cartilage development
- Diagnostic lung tests
- Carbohydrate metabolism
- Catarrhal respiratory disorders
Contraindications of Follihair
Do not use Follihair tablet/serum if you have any of the following conditions:
- Allergic to its ingredients
- Damaged skin
- Allergic to selenium
- Allergic reactions
Possible Side Effects of This Medicine
- Skin Rashes
- Stomach irritation, Diarrhea, Swelling, Bloating, Stomachache
- Chest tightness, Chest pain
- Headaches, Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite
- Allergic rejection
- Gastrointestinal disturbances
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. Follihair does not have major side effects if taken in the prescribed dose. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor immediately.
Precautions While Using These Tablets
- Before using Follihair tablet inform your doctor about your current list of medications, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions.
- Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug.
- Before taking Follihair tablet, tell your doctor if you have any food or drug allergies.
- Do not drive, use machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness, as this drug may make you dizzy/drowsy.
- Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor.
- Do not start, stop or change the dosage of any medicines without your doctor’s approval.
- Avoid alcohol intake while taking this medicine.
- Avoid taking this medicine on empty stomach.
- Consult a doctor if you have Bronchospasm, Asthma, chronic kidney disease, underactive thyroid, skin cancer.
- Patients suffering from liver disease, lung disease, the ulcerative disease should consult a doctor before taking this medicine.
- If you forget to take your tablets, just take your usual dose the next day. Don’t take a double dose.
- Do not take this medicine for a long duration.
- Take this medicine as directed by your doctor
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease
- Do not crush or chew the tablet
- Keep the tablets in the original pack until it is time to take them.
- Keep the pack in a cool dry place.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight
- Follow the instructions printed on product insert.
- Do not use the medicine, if the expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
- Do not use the medicine if the packaging is torn or shows signs of tampering.
- Tell your doctor if you are under any other medication
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets
Using The Medicine During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Since the tablet consists a number of different ingredients – effects of the tablets consumption during pregnancy is ambiguous. Some elements are good for the mother and fetus, why other elements are not suitable. Consult a doctor about the effects of the medicine on the pregnancy.
Similarly, the effects of various chemicals and nutrients present in the medicine are not studied enough. There is no well-established proof of an individual ingredient or combination of chemicals will affect the health of a breastfeeding baby. Ask your doctor about the medicine and its suitability as per your needs.
Dosage for Children and Infants
Follihair tablets are intended to be administered to Children and infants. If your child shows the signs of any nutritional deficiency, ask a pediatrician about suitable medicines.
Where to Buy These Tablets?
Follihair tablet is readily available at all major drugstores and pharmacies. You will not require a doctor’s prescription to buy these tablets. These are sold as an over-the-counter (OTC) medicine.
However, if you are considering to start taking the tablet, ask your doctor for the correct dosage and frequency of medication.
Patients Queries About The Medicine
What to do in the case, if I took an overdose of this medicine?
Immediately rush to your doctor or emergency department of the closest health care center for advice. Symptoms of overdose include vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, and others.
At what frequency, should I take Follihair Tablet?
The usual dose of this medicine is 1 tablet each day, with food. Please consult your doctor regarding the dosage of Follihair tablet.