What is Evion LC Tablet?
Evion LC tablets are an antioxidant medicine. Basically, it is a dietary supplement of Vitamin E, which helps in the treatment of muscular pain. The tablets are also helpful in maintaining the functions of our muscular system and skeletal health.
These tablets are manufactured and marketed by Merck & Co. Limited. The medicine is packaged in a strip containing 10 tablets.
What is/are The Generic Medicines in Evion LC?
Each tablet of Evion Lc contains the following generic medicines or active ingredients:
- Levocarnitine: 150 mg
- Vitamin E (Tocopheryl) Acetate: 200 mg
Dosage of Evion LC
Evion LC tablets are dietary supplements prescribed for the treatment of Vitamin E and Carnitine deficiency. Dosage will depend on the severity of the deficiency.
Generally prescribed dosage for Adults is 2 tablets in a day – with food. Children are prescribed to take 1 tablet in a day. Dosage may vary. Please consult a doctor for correct dosage information.
Working Mechanism of Evion LC Tablets
Levocarnitine is a medicine used in the treatment of Low Carnitine levels in the blood. Carnitine is naturally synthesized in the body. It is required for the digestion of long chained fatty acids in the body. Our body also gets carnitine from Dairy products and Meat. Plant food sources do not contain carnitine.
Vitamin E Acetate works as an antioxidant in the body. It protects the cell membrane and lipids from free radical oxidation. Vitamin E is required to protect the structural integrity of cells and it also delays aging of cells.
What is Evion LC Used For?
This Tablet is used in the treatment and management of following health implications:
- Carnitine Deficiency
- Inability to Synthesize Carnitine naturally in the body
- Blocked Arteries
- Leg pain due to Blockage of the Arteries
- Chest pain
- Valproate Toxicity
- High Blood Pressure
- Heart Attack
- Heart Problems caused by too low levels of Carnitine
- Cystic Muscle Cramps
- Intermittent Claudication of Musculoskeletal system
- Vitamin E deficiency
Evion LC may be prescribed for other problems which are not listed here. This drug is very effective for all the above-mentioned conditions, it should be taken for the correct dose, frequency and correct duration/time period. Please consult your doctor or qualified health specialist for correct diagnosis.
Side Effects of Evion LC Tablets
Since the tablets are a dietary supplement, they rarely cause any side effects. However, overdose or incorrect dosage may cause following adverse implications:
- Unexpected Fall in Blood Sugar Levels
- Swelling and Inflammation of the Limbs
- Upset Stomach, Vomiting, Nausea
- Gastritis, Diahrrea
- Dizziness, Weakness
- Muscular pain
- Fatigue, Blurred Vision
- Excessive Body Odor
- Tingling and pricking Sensations (Paresthesia)
- Increased Calcium Levels
- High Blood Pressure
- Vertigo and Muscular weakness
- Peripheral Edema (Fluid Accumulation)
- Coughing or Bronchitis and Asthma-like symptoms
Precaution While Taking Evion LC Tablets
- Consult your doctor about your current medications (such as vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.)
- If you have any allergic, pre-existing illnesses and current health conditions (such as pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.)
- With some health conditions, you may be more susceptible to the side effects of drug intake.
- Follow the printed direction on your doctor’s prescription or insert product.
- Take Dosage is based on your situation and as directed by the Doctor
- Take special precautions if you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby
- Monitor your Blood Glucose Level regularly
- Make sure to take consecutive doses of the medicine at least 4 hours apart
- This medicine can cause excessive bleeding
- Check the expiry date before taking this or any medication.
- Always keep the medicines away from the reach of children.
- If the packaging is tampered or torn, then do not take this tablet.
- Keep the medicine away from sunlight, in a dry and cool place.
- Do not refrigerate the tablets.
Can Evion LC Tablets Be Given to Children?
Yes, this medicine can be prescribed to children. However, the dosage will be different from as prescribed for adults.
Consult a qualified Pediatrician before administering Clavam tablets for children. Do not Self Medicate.
Is it Safe to Take Evion LC During Pregnancy?
This medicine is generally safe and is classified in the Pregnancy Category “A” by FDA. It means Adequate and well-controlled studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy (and there is no evidence of risk in later trimesters).
However, you should not take any medicine during the pregnancy unless advised by a qualified doctor. Take the medicine as prescribed and under the observation of your gynecologist.
Breastfeeding and Evion LC
This medicine is generally regarded safe to take while you are breastfeeding or nursing a baby. However, there are not many studies done on whether this medicine affects the quality of breastmilk development of the child.
Consult a pediatrician before administering any medicine for Children.
Where To Buy Evion LC Tablets?
Evion LC is a ‘Prescription-only’ drug. The drug is not sold as an Over-the-counter (OTC) medicine. In order to purchase this medicine, you will a prescription from a Qualified Doctor. This medicine is readily available at all major pharmacies, and drugstores.
Frequently Asked Question on Evion LC
Are Evion LC and Evion 400 the same?
Yes, if they are identical, then you can take any of the medicines if prescribed.
Evion LC can cause stomach acidity?
Yes, this medicine has LCE levocarnitine and it can lead to acidity in the stomach. If you are at regular dose of avian lc and acidity is increasing in the stomach, then you can go to Evion 400. Also try to avoid oil and spicy foods, maintain a balanced diet to reduce acidity.
What is Levo-Carnitine?
Levo-Carnitine is a type of protein (dipeptide made from essential amino acids, lysine, and methionine). It is used for the treatment of deficiency of primary and secondary Levo-carnitine.
How does Levo-Carnitine work?
Levo-carnitine is a type of protein (essential amino acids, dipeptides made from lysine and methionine) used for the treatment of deficiency of primary and secondary Levo-carnitine.
What does Levo-Carnitine do?
Levo-Carnitine is a type of protein (dipeptide made from essential amino acids, lysine, and methionine). It is used for the treatment of deficiency of primary and secondary Levo-carnitine. The deficiency of primary systemic carnitine is characterized by low concentrations of levocarnitine in plasma, red blood cells and/or tissues. The lack of secondary carnitine may be the result of the inborn errors of metabolism.
What should I do in case of excessive dose?
First of all, do not take any medication at any higher dose than the prescribed dose. Taking more doses than prescribed dosage can cause toxicity or serious side effects.
If you suspect that you have taken a lot of Evion LC, then consider this as an emergency. Get access to your nearest hospital/nursing center.
Never give your prescribed medicines to other people, even if they have the same condition or it seems that they have such symptoms that may lead to excessive dosage or drug poisoning.