Eczema, also known as dermatitis, is a set of diseases that cause inflammation and irritations of the skin. Symptoms of eczema are seen as red skin, rashes, and dry flaky skin, itching etc. Eczema can be of various types and can appear as the stasis dermatitis, contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis or contact dermatitis.
While the exact root of the situation remains unclear, allergic, irritability and poor venous withdrawal are among three possible causes of skin disorders.
Symptoms of Eczema
The symptoms of skin disorders are acute pruritus or itching, after which there is a red and bumped rashes are formed n the skin.
They can give a burning sensation, especially on thick skin layers such as eyelids. Apart from this, scratching the rashes can lead to scratches, bleeding, thickened dark scar or flaking of the skin.
Natural Remedies for Eczema
1. Soak a cotton cloth in ice cold milk and put it in the problem area of the skin. This will relieve the burning sensation and contract the muscles beneath the skin giving a push to blood flow.
2. Apply Calamine Lotion on the skin to keep it moisturized. Calamine lotion also helps in repairing the damaged skin.
3. Jojoba oil is another option for eczema remedies. Jojoba is a liquid wax that enters deep in the skin because its molecular structure is like the skin’s natural oil or sebum.
4. Fermented cod liver oil (FCLO) is a remarkable fat source for the body. It helps in skin remineralizing and moisturizing.
5. A thin layer of coconut oil or coconut oil lotion times helps calm eczema and itching.
6. Olive oil is another natural oil that is packed with omega-3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation. Try to rub some hot olive oil in the affected areas of the skin so that the skin can be softened by the patch.