What is Dermadew?
Dermadew Cream is a medicated antibacterial moisturizing cream, which is a very effective in the management of all the skin related disorders. It protects the skin from getting damaged such as sunburn, drying, chapping and getting scaly. Also, the cream is helpful in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis. When used on a regular basis it helps in smoothness and softness of the skin.
This cream is manufactured and marketed by Hegde and Hegde pharmaceutical LLC and is available in the package of 50 grams cream per tube. Dermadew Cream 50 gms contains Aloe Vera 10%, Light Liquid Paraffin 7% and White Soft Paraffin 3%. Dermadew is also available in the form of diluted lotions and soap bars.
- Generic Medicine in The Cream
- Dosage of This Cream
- Working Mechanism of This Medicine
- Why is This Cream Prescribed?
- Possible Side Effects of This Medicine
- Precautions While Using This Cream
- Using The Cream During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Dosage for Children and Infants
- Where to Buy This Cream?
- Patients Queries About The Cream
Generic Medicine in The Cream
The dermadew cream contains a variety of herbal oils and moisturizer as listed below:
- Extracts From Aloe Barbadensis
- Pea extract
- Hypoxis Rooperi extract
- Extract From Mushroom Plants
- Hydrolysate of Pearl Extracts
- Vitamin E
- Almond oil
- Olive leaf extract
All these ingredients are mixed and emulsified with purified water to form the cream.
Dosage of This Cream
The usual dosage of dermadew cream is to be applied twice or thrice daily. It should always be used exactly as recommended by your doctor. The quantity and frequency of cream to be applied depend on particular skin condition and medical history. Always consult your Dermatologist before using this cream. Do not self-medicate or overdose the cream for fast results.
Working Mechanism of This Medicine
Aloe Barbadensis is the botanical name of Aloe vera and belongs to Liliaceae family. It has natural antibacterial properties and has been reported to have a protective effect against damage to the skin. It works by killing pathogens and restoring skin health.
Pea extracts have antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. They are rich in protein, essential amino acids, calcium, and iron. Pea extract evens skin tone and corrects hyperpigmentation.
Hypoxis Rooperi (African potato) extract is a good herbal treatment for skin. It helps in diminishing signs of aging, acne, burns, boils, etc and provides flawless skin.
Mushroom extracts are considered as antioxidants and natural moisturizers. They possess anti-aging properties. It is natural skin lightener and useful for the treatment of acne, eczema, etc.
Hydrolysate of Pearl improves the overall appearance and functioning of the skin. It is helpful for the healing of blemishes and other skin problems. It may also help in fighting the signs of extrinsic aging.
Vitamin E acts as a natural moisturizer. It treats sunburn, reduces signs of aging, treats stretch marks, soothes pain from cold sores and lightens dark spots. It also acts as a cleansing agent.
Almond oil is rich in antioxidants, protein, and minerals. It reduces signs of aging, treats skin rashes, removes tan, prevents acne and promotes flawless skin. It is also helpful in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis.
Olive leaf is packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients. It also has anti-hypertensive, anti-atherogenic and anti-inflammatory properties. It prevents damaging of skin, reduces signs of aging and improves skin complexion.
Why is This Cream Prescribed?
Dermadew cream is being used for the treatment of following conditions and diseases:
- Skin aging, skin damage, skin Infection, chapped skin, skin diseases, skin redness, skin wounds, skin abrasion, itching, dry skin, Itchy rash on the skin or mouth, stretch marks
- Scras, burns, minor wounds
- Calluses and corns
- Uneven tone and texture
- Fungal infections
- Sunburn, Wrinkles, fine lines, Acne, Blemishes
- Seborrheic dermatitis, Atopic dermatitis
- Rashes caused by Reye’s syndrome
- Oral mucositis
- Insect bite, Frostbite
Dermadew cream may also be used for the conditions not listed here.
Possible Side Effects of This Medicine
Though very rare, some of the reported side-effects of this medicine include:
- Skin irritations, Blisters, Itching, Redness, burning of skin, stinging sensation, itchy rashes, swelling, peeling of skin, Skin pain
- Excess of creatinine in urine
- Bowel discomfort
- Upset stomach
- Dryness of mouth, throat and nasal area
This is not a comprehensive list of all the possible side effects of this cream. Consult your doctor immediately if you experience any side effect while using this cream.
Precautions While Using This Cream
While using this cream, following precautions should be exercised:
- This cream is for external use only. Avoid swallowing.
- Avoid direct contact with the eye; also wash your hands after using the cream.
- Monitor the effects actively if being used for long-term.
- Avoid if the patient has acute or systemic fungal infection.
- Be sure that the patient is not allergic to any of the component of this cream.
- Avoid exposing your skin to the sun as it may cause sunburn and darken your skin.
- Use this cream with precaution during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Use with precaution while administering the soap to elderly patients and the patients who have recently undergone any surgery.
- For best results make sure to follow the instructions on how to use the product provided on the product.
Dermadew cream should only be used after discussing the condition and other symptoms with a dermatologist.
Using The Cream During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
This cream is classified in the pregnancy category ‘B’ by FDA. It is safe to use this cream during pregnancy, but always consult your doctor before using it. Adequate and well-controlled studies have failed to demonstrate any risk to the fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy.
However, you should not use any cream during the pregnancy unless advised by a qualified doctor.
This cream is classified in lactation category ‘L4’. Usage of this cream during breastfeeding may not harm the mother but may affect the infant. So, avoid using it near breast area as there is a risk of cream being swallowed by an infant. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
Dosage for Children and Infants
Dermadew cream is not approved to be used for infants. But this cream can be used for children over 2 years of age, but only after prescription of a qualified doctor. Please consult your doctor regarding frequency and usage of this soap, as it will be prescribed only after the condition of children will be administered.
Where to Buy This Cream?
The cream is available at all major drugstores and pharmacies. It is sold as an Over the counter (OTC) product, hence you will not require doctors prescription to purchase the cream. But always consult your doctor before using the cream
Patients Queries About The Cream
Can I use Dermadew cream on open wounds?
Dermadew cream is for external use only. Using this cream on open wounds may generate infection and worsen your situation. So, always consult your doctor before using this cream
How long should I use Dermadew cream to see any improvement in my condition?
Dermadew may take a day, a week or a month to show any signs of improvement depending upon your current skin condition and the usage frequency, as prescribed by your doctor.
I am having some skin infection, can I use this cream?
Dermadew cream should not be used for skin infection directly, without any medical advice. Consult a doctor before using the Dermadew cream for a skin infection.