What Are Daphne Pills?
Daphne Pills is a hormonal and contraceptive medicine. It is prescribed for the treatment of menstrual disorders and as contraception pill. It is also recommended for smoking women who need birth control. The Pills are manufactured and marketed by DKT Health, Inc. The pills come in a packaging of 28 tablets per strip and are to be consumed 1 tablet per day for 28 ovulating days.
- Generic Medicine in The Pills
- Dosage of The Pills
- Working Mechanism of Lynestrenol
- Why Are The Pills Prescribed?
- Contraindications of These Pills
- Possible Side Effects of The Medicine
- Precautions While Using These Pills
- Using The Pills During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Can This Medicine be Given to Children and Infants?
- Where to Buy These Pills?
- Patient Queries About The Medicine
Generic Medicine in The Pills
Each Daphne Pill contains Lynestrenol as the generic medicine. Lynestrenol is a type of synthetic Progestogen called as “Progestin”. This pill is available in the packaging of 28 tablets per strip. Every pill is labeled with the names of the week. This can help mothers track their medication
Dosage of The Pills
General dosage is 1 tab daily beginning on the 1st day of the cycle. If a tab is missed for less than 3 hr, take immediately. Continue with usual daily tab taking. Take Daphne pills as per your doctor’s guidance. Follow all the labeled instruction. Do not chew, crush or break the tablet. Swallow it as a whole. It can be taken with or without food.
Working Mechanism of Lynestrenol
Lynestrenol is a synthetic and orally active progestogen. Daphne is a progestogen-only oral contraceptive pill. Progestogens are derived from the naturally occurring hormone called progesterone. This pill prevents ovulation, thins the lining of the uterus and thickens the cervical mucus. In combination, these actions prevent pregnancy.
Why Are The Pills Prescribed?
Daphne pills are used for the treatment and prevention of the following diseases/conditions:
- Secretion of Gonadotropin
- Maturation of follicles in the ovaries and ovulation
- Menstrual bleeding
This tablet may also be used for purposes not listed here. Daphne pills are used for contraception, particularly in conditions of intolerance from estrogen-progestogen formulated drugs or when estrogens are not recommended. Daphne, in addition, is used in lactating moms and smoking ladies requiring contraception.
Contraindications of These Pills
Daphne Pills should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Allergic reactions
- Blood clotting disorder
- Exposure of the skin to sunlight
- Acute Liver problems
- Hormone reliant neoplasm
- Acute arterial infection
- Unidentified Vaginal hemorrhage
- Progestogen-dependent tumors
Possible Side Effects of The Medicine
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from Daphne Pills. These side-effects are possible but do not always occur. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects.
- Menstrual irregularity
- Abnormal uterine bleeding spotting
- Slight Weight change
- Skin Rashes
- Cholestatic jaundice
- Mood swings
- Increased anxiety
- Breast discomfort
- Change in libido
This is not a complete list of possible side effects of Daphne pills. These side-effects are possible but do not always occur. Most of these side effects are mild and usually disappear after a few months of contraceptive use. If you notice any other side-effects not listed above, contact your doctor.
Precautions While Using These Pills
- Patients suffering from Heart disease, liver dysfunction, Kidney dysfunction, lung disease, the ulcerative disease should take medical advice before starting these Pills.
- This drug may cause drowsiness or dizziness, so try to avoid driving and operating any heavy machinery.
- The contraceptive efficacy of hormonal contraceptives might be decreased during occurrences of diarrhea or vomiting.
- Avoid excess dosage of these pills.
- Before using Daphne pills, inform your doctor about your current list of medications and current health conditions.
- Take as directed by your doctor and ensure that the right amount of medicine should be consumed for prescribed duration only.
- Prior to using hormonal contraceptives, the lady must go through a proper medical test and her medicinal record should be properly assessed.
- Daphne Pills should be taken with caution during medical conditions, such as cardiovascular disease, renal problems, High Blood pressure, migraine, diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, asthma, Malabsorption syndrome, Post ectopic pregnancy, Functional ovarian cyst, Blood clots, History of depression or other health conditions.
- Daphne pills may decrease glucose tolerance thus; diabetic patients should be monitored regularly.
- Do not crush or chew tablets.
- Keep the tablets in the original pack until it is time to take them.
- Keep the pack in a cool dry place.
- Do not store medicine in the bathroom or near a sink.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight.
- Always Keep the medicine away from the reach of children and pets.
- Check the expiry date before taking this or any medication.
- Do not take this tablet, If the packaging is tampered or torn.
- Do not refrigerate the tablets.
Using The Pills During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Yes, it is quite safe to take this medicine during pregnancy. This falls into Pregnancy category- D. There is positive evidence of human fetal risk based on adverse reaction data, but the potential benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Consult a doctor before administering this medicine to a pregnant woman.
In General, The drug is harmless to use during lactation. Lynestrenol or daphne pills is metabolized to (NET). Norethisterone mix into milk in very small – a negligible amount. Consult with your doctor to better understand it.
Can This Medicine be Given to Children and Infants?
No, this medicine is not meant to be given to children and infants, under any circumstances. Consult with your doctor for better understanding of this medicine
Where to Buy These Pills?
Daphne pills are available as an over the counter or OTC product. But it is advised to please consult with the doctor for the particular case.
Patient Queries About The Medicine
Is it safe to drive or operate heavy machinery when consuming?
Though rare – in some cases Dapnhe pills can make you feel drowsy and dizzy. Also, it can lower your blood-pressure extensively. Hence, if you feel drowsiness, avoid operating machinery or driving a vehicle. Avoid alcoholic beverages. Please check for these effects on your body while using this pill. Always consult with your doctor for recommendations specific to your body and health conditions.
Is this medicine or addictive?
The medicine is approved by the government and the US FDA, it doesn’t contain any addictive substances. Please consult the doctor or product package to make sure that the medicine is not addictive. Lastly, do not self-medicate and increase your body’s dependence on medicines without the advice of a doctor.
Can it be stopped immediately?
Some medicines cannot be stopped immediately because of rebound effects. Before using the pills, Please consult with your doctor for recommendations as per your therapeutic needs. Also, discuss with Doctor regarding the interaction of the pills with any medicines you are currently taking.