Clogged arteries exhibit a condition when the blood flow is restricted due to deposition of Cholesterol particles in the blood. These cholesterol particles gradually accumulate sticking to the wall of arteries and form a Plaque.
Consequently, it is the blood that carries oxygen and nutrients can not reach various body organs and tissues. This can damage or cause dysfunction of vital organs such as heart and brain.
This is a serious condition that can not be ignored. The exact cause of sticky arteries is still unclear. However, according to doctors, it begins with any injury or damage to the smooth inner layer of arterial walls.
Many other diet and lifestyle habits also contribute or worsen this problem. Sedentary lifestyle, fatty foods, obesity, having Diabetes are some of the factors that can cause clogging of arteries. Luckily, the situation can be reversed with some home remedies that help in reducing levels of cholesterol in the blood. Here are 2 best remedies for it:
Ginger is an effective remedy to reduce cholesterol and prevent plaques. Gingerol and Shogol present in Ginger, have cardiac benefits. Ginger prevents plaque buildup by reducing total cholesterol and blocking the oxidation of LDL (Bad Cholesterol) or reducing existing plaque.
- Make a tea: Add 1 teaspoon of crushed ginger roots in a cup of hot water. Boil it for 5 minutes, then filter out the residues of ginger from the water. Add a little honey in it and the tea is ready. Drink 1 to 3 cups of ginger tea daily.
- You can also take Ginger capsules after your every meal. Consult your doctor before taking the capsules.
Note: Ginger is a thermogenic food. Though it helps in burning fat and reducing cholesterol, it can also cause gastrointestinal disturbances such as acidity and heartburn. Do not use Ginger in case you have gallbladder related problems such as gallstones.
Garlic is one of the best remedies for clogged arteries. It helps widen blood vessels and improve blood circulation. Unlike many other food items, Garlic doesn’t have any cholesterol in them. You can use garlic in many ways to reduce your cholesterol levels. We are just listing few of them:
- Simply, eat 2 to 3 cloves of garlic every day. Of course, remove the peel before eating them.
- Also, include more garlic in your cooked foods and salads.
- Eat garlic bread. Grate fresh garlic and sprinkle the grated garlic as dressing on your bread.
- Make garlic tea – Crush 3-4 cloves of garlic and mix it in a cup of milk. Boil this milk and drink it.
Note: Garlic has a pungent smell, that may cause breath odor for few hour after it’s consumption. There are some garlic capsules sold in the market that claim to have no smell of garlic. Consult your doctor before taking those capsules.