What is Becadexamin Capsule?
Becadexamin capsule is a unique combination of multivitamins, essential minerals, and other nutrients. It works as a nutritional supplement and antioxidant. This multi-mineral vitamin is used for the prophylaxis of health and improvement of the immunity. Becadexamin capsules are used for Skin diseases, Anaemia, Vitamin B12 deficiency, Sour stomach, Eye problems, Acid Indigestion and other conditions.
This capsule is manufactured by GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Pharmaceuticals Ltd. It is available in a bottle of 30 capsules.
- Generic Medicine in The Capsules?
- Dosage of This Capsule
- Working Mechanism of This Medicine
- Why is This Capsule Prescribed?
- Possible Side Effects of This Medicine
- Precautions While Using These Capsules
- Using The Medicine During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
- Dosage for Children and Infants
- Where to Buy These Capsules?
Generic Medicine in The Capsules
Becadexamin is a combination of many vitamins and minerals and other nutrients. The compositions of each ingredient, along with their individual strengths are given below:
- Vitamin A – 5000 iu
- Vitamin B1 – 5 mg
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9) – 1 mg
- Vitamin B2 – 5 mg
- Vitamin C – 75 mg
- Mecobalamin (Vitamin B12) – 5 mcg
- Vitamin D3 – 400 iu
- Vitamin E – 14 mg
- Zinc Sulphate – 50 mg
- Copper Sulphate – 0.1 mg
- Magnesium Oxide – 0.15 mg
- Potassium Iodide – 0.025 mg
- Ferrous Fumarate – 50 mg
- Calcium Dibasic Phosphate – 70 mg
- Manganese Sulphate – 0.01 mg
- D-Panthenol – 5 mg
- Nicotinamide – 45 mg
Dosage of This Capsule
The usual dose of Becadexamin capsule is to take 1 capsule daily after eating the meal. It is recommended to take this medicine in the morning with breakfast so that you will feel energetic the entire day. Take as directed by your doctor as dosage may vary on the condition of the patients.
NOTE: Taking extra or overdose of medicine does not mean that you will get more nutrition immediately. Our body has a limited capacity of absorbing nutrients from the foods we eat. Forcefully taking extra doses can cause the serious altercation. Always take Becadexamin as prescribed by a doctor.
Working Mechanism of This Medicine
To understand the working mechanism of Becadexamin, we first have to look at the working and benefits of each individual of its ingredients. Read below:
Vitamin A: Vitamin a and it’s derivatives are also called retinoids or retinol. They help in the treatment of various health conditions such as nervous problems, irregular menstruation, eye diseases, infections etc. It also helps in empowering and strengthening the immune system.
Vitamin B: These capsules contain a combination of various types of Vitamin B, which is commonly known as Vitamin B Complex. Different type of vitamin B, work on different function. Their combined effort is to optimize the various metabolic functions in the body.
Vitamin B12 (Mecobalamin) helps in restoring the functions of nerve tissues. It also helps in the transportation of hemoglobin through blood. mecobalamin also helps in repairing damaged nerve cells.
Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) contains elemental iron. This elemental iron is utilized in the synthesis of hemoglobin and red blood cells. As it helps in keeping the blood healthy, in turn, it prevents various heart diseases and prevents the formation of any pre-birth abnormalities in the fetus.
Vitamin C: It is required for the oxidation-reduction (RedOx) reaction in the cells. It also plays an important role in metabolizing protein and lipids. Vitamin C also helps in the synthesis of Collagen fiber. Collagen fibers are required to maintain the structural integrity of cells of the blood vessels and muscles.
Vitamin E: Vitamin E is required to ensure the health of the skin, hair, and nails. It works as a natural moisturizer and prevents the cell from drying. Working with collagen fiber generated by Vitamin C, Vitamin E prevents the early aging an dryness of the skin.
Elemental Calcium: It is primarily required to keep your bones healthy and strong. If the level of Calcium is reduced in the body, the metabolic system acquires calcium from the Bones. This makes the bone weak and fragile. Taking sufficient amount of calcium through food and supplement can prevent it and make the bones and nervous system strong.
Zinc: Zinc is required for the synthesis of various nucleoproteins and nucleic acid in the body. They play a vital role at the cellular level in repairing the damaged cells and tissues.
Ferrous Fumarate: It supports the function of folic acid. It also has elemental iron in it. Ferrous fumarate is helpful in fighting diseases caused by Iron deficiency such as Anemia.
Potassium Iodide: It is an ionic compound which helps the transfusion of water and other nutrients between the cellular walls. It is also helpful in various other metabolical functions.
Rest of the ingredients such as Manganese oxide, Copper Sulphate, Nicotinamide etc., all are required for various other functions in the body. Some of these ingredients work individually, while some work in combination with other ingredients. The final goal of the medicine is to provide the body with nutritional elements and optimize their absorption.
The medicine is helpful in fighting a variety of disease caused by nutritional deficiencies.
Why is This Capsule Prescribed?
Becadexamin Capsule is used for the treatment, control & improvement of the following diseases/conditions:
- Heart problem
- Chest Pain
- High Blood pressure
- Skin diseases
- Metabolizing of proteins, fats etc.
- Eye problems
- Tissue repair
- Sour stomach
- Acid indigestion
- Skin infection
- Pregnancy complications
- High Cholesterol
- Thiamine deficiency
- Neurological disorder
- Migraine Headaches
- Neurological disturbances
- Mental problems
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Protects the thyroid gland from the toxic effects of radioactive iodine
- Antidotes for phosphorus poisoning
- Treatment of emetics
- Cell damage
- Serving as a fungicide
- Treatment of phosphorus burns of the skin
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Low blood calcium level
- Low magnesium level
- Red blood cell production
- Depletion of endogenous stores
- Wound healing
- Minor skin injuries
- Depression treatment
- Central nervous system improvement
- Helps in improvement of Blood circulation
- Helps in improvement of Oxygen saturation
Becadexamin Capsule may also be used for conditions not listed here.
Contraindications of Becadexamin
Becadexamin Capsules should not be used if you have the following conditions:
- Acute eczema
- Active peptic ulcer
- Acute dermatitis
- Abnormal growth of thyroid gland
- Acute myocardial infarction
Possible Side Effects of This Medicine
Becadexamin capsule can cause following side-effects:
- Stomach ache, Upset Stomach, Bloated Stomach
- Tooth staining
- Increased urination
- Intestinal bleeding
- Cardiac Arrhythmia
- Confusions, Mild hallucinations
- Muscle weakness
- Itching and swelling of the skin
- Loss of appetite
- Diarrhea, Nausea/Vomiting
- Excessive thirst
- Weakness, Tiredness, Lack of Energy
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Consult your doctor immediately for medical advice about side effects.
Precautions While Using These Capsules
- Tell your doctor if you are allergic to any drugs or food. Make sure to tell about the allergy and what signs you had.
- Inform your doctor if you have kidney disease, liver disease, ulcer disease, pregnant or planning to have surgery including dental procedures.
- Before using Becadexamin capsules, inform your doctor about your current list of medications and current health conditions.
- Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug.
- One should not drive a vehicle or operate heavy machinery during medication as it may cause drowsiness, dizziness or lowers your blood-pressure extensively.
- Avoid consumption of Alcoholic beverages during medication as alcohol intensifies drowsiness side effects.
- This medicine should be taken as prescribed by your Doctor. Remember, overdose can cause hepatitis, enteritis, and nephritis.
- Do not crush or chew the capsule.
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- The expiry date printed on the pack has passed.
- Do not take this medicine if the packaging is torn or tampered.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking any medicine.
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from any disease.
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Using The Medicine During Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
It is safe to take this capsule during pregnancy, but consult your doctor before taking this medicine.
Becadexamin capsule is a combination of various multivitamins and multi-minerals, some of which may harm the fetus.
However, Till now there are not any reports occurred which blame Becodexamin for harming the fetus or the mother.
This medicine has not been studied thoroughly. There are not any reports or studies which can confirm the exact effects of the capsules or it’s ingredients on the breastfeeding mother, neonatal or the fetus.
Zinc, Calcium, Vitamin A, and Vitamin D are harmful to the fetus if taken in large doses. Though, no studies have been conducted on humans or animals, to find out any side effect that may occur on having this capsule during pregnancy. So, please consult your doctor regarding risk, benefits, and dosage of the drug.
Please consult with your doctor before starting this capsule.
Dosage for Children and Infants
Yes, if prescribed by a qualified doctor, this medicine can be used for children and infants. However, the capsule is bit bigger and younger kids may find it difficult to swallow the capsule. In such cases, your doctor may suggest administering syrup or another form for younger children. Consult with a doctor regarding the frequency and the dosage of the drug.
Where to Buy These Capsules?
Becadexamin capsule is available at all major drugstores and pharmacies. Though, It is sold as Over-The-Counter (OTC) product and you may not need a doctors prescription to buy it, always consult a doctor before using the medicine.