Have you ever wonder why you have a tendency to get zits/pimples consistently in the same spot of your face? How about the pimples on your cheek and chin area? Also, blackheads popping again and again on your nose. Ancient Chinese Medicine says that our internal health is reflected upon our facial skin. They have also developed the “Acne Face Map” which shows how damage to an internal organ causes acne on a particular area of your face.
The location of blemishes and pimples on your face’s skin is a result of a distinct relationship with distant tissues or organs. This face-mapping technique is traditionally used in Chinese Medicine to identify health complications and treat the chronic disease before it develops.
Today we will discuss the causes of Acne and how to do treatment according to the Chinese ‘Acne Face Map’.
Here’s is what you should do to get rid of acne from particular parts of your skin:
Reason: Bladder issue, Digestive problems, stress, unhealthy starchy foods, Hair products and cosmetics, problems in the small intestine.
- Avoid using chemical filled hair products and cosmetics.
- Avoid use of hair oils. Eat more fruits and vegetables while avoiding greasy oily and starchy foods.
- Avoid stress and start exercising. Sweating will help in cleansing skin from inside.
- Drink lots of water. Urinate frequently. Avoids soda, alcohol and sugary foods.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser twice every day.
Acne on Cheeks
Reason: Lung problems, Bacterial infection, Hygiene issues.
- Exercise or do yoga to pump more fresh air in the lungs.
- Stop Smoking, hookah etc. & cover your face while going out in pollution.
- Clean your cell phone as they carry many bacterias.
- Always use a clean towel to pat dry the skin.
- Clean your pillow cases frequently.
- Avoid touching your skin and do not pop any pimples in this area.
Acne around ears and temples
Reason: Kidney dysfunction, Gallbladder problems, high fat diet, poor blood circulation
- Avoid drinking alcohol, drink more water.
- Avoid soda, sugary and fatty foods; eat more fresh vegetables.
- Avoid oily and spicy food. Reduce caffeine and salt consumption.
- Drink a cup of spearmint tea, take omega 3 supplements.
- Massage your skin gently to improve blood circulation.
Jawline and Chin acne
Reason: Hormonal Imbalance, bad digestion.
- Exercise and take healthy diet.
- Get your hormone levels checked and take supplements as directed by a doctor.
- Avoid processed foods as they tend to stick in the intestine and affect digestion.
- Eat more fiber-rich foods such as lentils, beans, broccoli.
- Eat vegetables, fruits, and water rich foods. Avoid consumption of eggs, meat, and dairy.
- Clean your skin with ‘non-comedogenic’ cleansers twice every day.
Reasons: Processed and fatty foods, poor blood circulation, Bacterial infection, Pollution.
- Massage skin to improve blood circulation.
- Scrub the skin around nose twice a week. Cover your skin while going out in pollution.
- Use a deep cleanser to clean skin pores. Avoid eating oily foods. Make sure to clean your hands, cell phone and pillow cover – anything that touches your skin.
- Drink more water, workout to sweat it out.
Acne 0n lips and Eyebrows
Reason: Heart health, bad blood circulation.
- Avoid consumption of any food that may harm your blood quality and affect the functioning of the heart. Stop smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Avoid fat rich, processed and oily foods. Drink more water and exercise daily to clean your system.
- Get your cholesterol levels checked and keep it under control. High cholesterol can block capillaries carrying blood and affect blood circulation.
- Eat more berries, fish and start cardio exercises. Go out for a walk or running every day.